Belkin54g, anyone got one? i need your help

tamarin 15:36 12 Apr 2006

Ok so here's my problem:

I have a Belkin 54g wireless router and the other day i created a 128bit WEP code for it using the Passphrase -> Hex generator page thingy. Thing is, the passphrase i entered was 11 characters long and now i see that it has to be 13. I didn't take note of the hex that it spat out before i applied the changes and now i can't acquire an IP address from the router or do anything.

Would someone be so kind as to go into the configuration page of the belkin54g router and enter the passphrase i entered and let me know the hex equivalent? It would make me very happy. Hey, if it works I’ll paypal you a bit of money.

Email me if you’re willing to help and I’ll let you know the phrase.

Ta.

/ Tamarin
- tamarin4747(at)hotmail.com

ade.h 18:44 12 Apr 2006

Would it not be easier to use WPA instead?

Also, can you tell us what kind of wireless adapter you are using? Built-in, USB etc? What brand? This makes a difference to whether you can use hex at all.

Aargh 19:51 12 Apr 2006

How about a factory reset to clear all your settings and start from scratch - assuming you know the password to get into the setup utility page? Saves giving out details to us strangers!

Once you've reset the router go for WPA encryption & write down the PSK!

mgmcc 07:38 13 Apr 2006

<<< Email me if you’re willing to help and I’ll let you know the phrase. >>>

Why don't you connect to the router by ethernet cable, access the wireless settings and set up the encryption again, making a note of the key?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?