Belkin Wireless USB causing interference to ACER A

simonant 17:28 04 Jan 2008

Hi,
Hoping someone can put me out of my misery!
Just purchased an ACER Aspire L3600 PC and Belkin N1 USB wireless adapter(already have router). When PC is connected to the wireless device the connection appears to be causing interference when playing cd/dvds or playing back any audio on the PC. Very annoying!
The router is in another room and there is no issue with the connection and speed etc just the interference this is causing to any audio.
I can connect the USB toggle via wire to a desk adapter or directly into the USB port on the PC and have positioned the toggle via the adapter and placed as far away from the PC to see if the interference reduces but to no avail.
Any advice much appreciated.
Thanks

STREETWORK 20:36 04 Jan 2008

You could try and move the router to see if this clears it. Your description suggests electro-magnetic interference, turn off house hold items one at a time and see if anything is causing the problem, it could also be a neigbours...

simonant 16:13 11 Jan 2008

It seemed to be the strenght of the adapter that was causing the interference. I tried a lower spec Belkin adapter which I'm having no problems with and the speed is fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires