Belkin Wireless Router Help

Simon9999 23:24 18 Jan 2009

So I've attached all the necessary cables to my wireless router and I've gone to 192.168.2.1 and done everything. However, when I get to this page, by clicking ok everything should be done.

click here

However, when I click ok the wireless modem router loses connection and has to re-connect meaning the internet doesnt get connected thus it doesnt work. I get taken to this page after.

click here

I honestly don't know whats wrong so if someone could help I'd appreciate that so much. Many thanks.

ambra4 23:39 18 Jan 2009

It is strongly recommended by All router suppliers that you use a physically connected cable

to the Router via a Ethernet RJ45 cable for router setup.

Using a wireless connected computer for router setup is Not recommended at any time

ambra4 23:46 18 Jan 2009

You should take a read at this posting

click here

cocteau48 09:53 19 Jan 2009

Looking at your screen shot and comparing it to my own I note that the following are all missing:
Subnet mask
Wan IP
Default gateway
DNS address
These should all be automatically set up by running the installation CD for the router.
I also notice that the firmware version shown is way out of date.
If you do not have an installation CD then I am not sure how you proceed the set up manually - perhaps someone else may advise you.

DippyGirl 10:35 19 Jan 2009

Not sure which router you have but there should be a chapter on manual configuration, including screen shots, in the User Guide
click here and enter your model number and you should be able to download the User Guide

LinH 11:03 19 Jan 2009

As ambra4 rightly says, when setting up a router always use a physically connected cable, never do it via wireless it's not reliable enough.

LinH

Simon9999 15:53 19 Jan 2009

I;ve got an ethernet cable attached from the router to my computer.

However, can I just add some things.

Firstly, when I dont have the wireless usb adapter connected to my computer then I can't get to 192.168.2.1 but when it's connected I can get to 192.168.2.1.

However, after I've entered all my detail the router loses connection and re-starts itself by re-dialing (the lan light starts flashing again to get a connection) so the internet doesnt work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone