Belkin wireless router

remind 14:52 26 May 2006

Is there any reason why I should have a problem accessing the configuration page at 192.168.2.1 when the router is connected to the pc via a cable, but not connected to an ADSL line (Page Cannot Be Displayed)? Does it have to have an ADSL signal before the page can be accessed, unlike my Netgear non-wireless cable router?
I realise there isn't much point fiddling with configuration if the router can't `see` a working internet connection, but I don't have an ADSL enabled line here...

ade.h 15:58 26 May 2006

No, you don't need an active ADSL line to get into the config UI.

Is this a new problem, or is this your first attempt with a router that you've just recently purchased?

Try the obvious first; use a different browser or minimise your security settings (script blocking for example) though I have to say that I can access my Belkin config with scripts blocked. I just tried it to see if it has any effect.

remind 16:17 26 May 2006

Thanks for the reply, I just needed to know if I was doing something wrong; I'm setting up a second hand router for the first time - my own Netgear cable router was fully accessable but the Belkin wouldn't allow me to open the configuration page, even though
it was allocating a correct IP address to the PC.
Resetting the Belkin seems to have cured it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)