Belkin Wireless G, no internet light

stardock 07:18 11 Sep 2007

Hello,
I hope one of you great people can help me with this.
I'm with talktalk, and was always connected with a D-Link wired modem without any probs.
I now bought a Belkin Wireless G Router, and after lots of fuss and hours reading on here, I managed to set up the thing as described in the manual.
In ipconfig it shows as follows;
DNS; Belkin
IP: 192.168.2.2
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Default: 192.168.2.1

On the last mask in the setup it shows a download speed of 5424 bps and the ADSL light on the router is on, but the internet light is off, and the desktop does not connect to the internet. I know I put the right username and password in for talktalk, I actually did it twice.
as you can see, I'm not exactly knowledgeable when it comes to PCs.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ashrich 07:36 11 Sep 2007

If you go back in to your router set up ( 192.168.2.1 )does it still say " not connected " in red at the top of the page ? Have you tried removing the power to the router for 30 seconds , re-applying and letting it re-find the connection ?

Ashley

Ashrich 07:41 11 Sep 2007

Reading from the TalkTalk pages about Belkin router/modems , there is also a " connect " button on the Status page in the router set up , try clicking that ....

Ashley

stardock 17:56 11 Sep 2007

Thanks so much for your help. Everything works fine now, I had to reset everything to talktalk standards, of which I was not aware. You mentioned the talktalk site, and that's where I found my solution.
Thanks again.

sylwester-1442795 20:10 27 Apr 2010

hi i have the same problem,am aware the is a connect button into router interface,but nothing happend when click on it,i restore factory settings.when i click on dns option there is no ip adress which should be obtain automaticaly,but obviously not connected it cant recevied, right.i did try to start form scrach.
putting all details manualy.also I pushed reset pin at the back ,still nothing,any suggestion(its talktalk as well) only this internet light no showing on router.I have this router almoust two years ,everything was fine till now,it happend rapidly.do you think this is the end of router?

onthelimit 08:54 28 Apr 2010

As stardock has ticked this as resolved, you'd be better starting your own thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?