Belkin USB adaptor on Vista and XP on same PC

TobiasSmollett 12:17 18 Nov 2007

I have just set up a Belkin wireless G+ MIMO modem router. This is cabled to on PC. I have set up a wireless connection to a second PC using the USB network adaptor.

The remote PC has a split drive (C and D) the former has Windows XP on it and the latter has Windows Vista.

The adaptor works fine on the C drive (XP) but will not instal onto the D drive.

Is this a problem with the compatability of the adaptor and Vista, or a problem the split drivers?

I would be grateful for any advice.

mgmcc 11:51 19 Nov 2007

Try installing the USB adapter with "drivers only" in Vista.

I have a basic Belkin 802.11g USB Adapter (F5D7050) which works fine in Vista having been installed using the XP drivers from the CD. The Belkin wireless software wasn't installed.

DSB 14:26 19 Nov 2007

Sorry you are having problems with a Belkin device. Sadly, Belkin customer service is poor and 'phone lines are terrible. I will definitely not be buying another Belkin product because of the poor support I received and have told them so. Neither would I recommend them to anyone. I am not in the habit of complaining in this way, or for that matter writing posts to forums, but I was so annoyed by the support offered. Best of luck!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?