belkin usb adaptor help required

xxblueyxx 14:06 31 Mar 2007

hello to you all,i tried to set up my wireless conection i have xp ip aol router is netgear dg834g and got this problem i got through stage 1 fine when it come to stage 2 and i had to set up my network adaptor it said that aol did not support it but could still set it up through the help section well i looked everywhere could not find what to do nxt and the only option on the install cd was exit!! your have to excuse my ignorance not at all clued up on wireless!!so basically i was left with my comp in shoved up 1 end of the room (as needed to be near my main phoneline) with grey cable coming out of phoneline 1 end of router and mains going other end of comp i could get online ok but could not get to nxt step because of adaptor not be supported,i only have the 1 desktop comp at the mo but want to get a laptop hence setting it all up,the shop where i bought adaptor said it was the 1 i needed he has aol and uses same 1.i no the obvious answer to replace it but do not want to spend £25 on new one if i can sort this out. so does anyone no how i can get round this plz regards xxblueyxx

Colditz 15:42 31 Mar 2007

is your router all set up ok is that also the problem

adamcoppard 16:18 31 Mar 2007

if you have a netgear router and belkin adaptor may i consider buying wither a netgear adaptor or belkin router?

xxblueyxx 17:31 31 Mar 2007

things seem set up ok but as cant use it wireless only throuh bb as cant finish the set up due to not being able to work how to configure the adaptor to work as its not compatible with aol but it does say on the set up cd that i can go into help but i just couldnt find it anywhere ive gone back to bb with my modem at the mo.yes adam thats the simple solution but after paying 25 pound for the adaptor i dont want to have fork out again if i can get a solution for this thank you both for your response

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?