Belkin Universal Repeater problems!

vikiki21 20:22 29 Jan 2010

After some advise I decided to buy a universal G repeater as my wifi signal is poor in an old house with thick walls. I conncected it to the router successfully using the autoconnect button and decided to use an ethernet plug in the room with no signal and attach the belkin to that but it wont pick up a signal when plugged in!
The router is also connected to a blue ethernet plug through the mains

mgmcc 20:40 29 Jan 2010

Does the "repeater" work properly when connected directly to the router? The reason I ask is that, if not, it may be necessary to connect the two devices with a *CROSSOVER* ethernet cable.

vikiki21 21:22 29 Jan 2010

yup it does!

mgmcc 22:16 29 Jan 2010

OK, if you have the router connected to a network plug in one room and are trying to connect via a network plug in a different room, what I would do first is to try connecting a computer directly to the network plug with an ethernet cable. That would at least confirm whether or not a "wired" connection works. Then you can move on to trying to get the "wireless" setup running.

Presumably the 'Belkin' is being used as a Wireless Access Point to which the computer's Wireless Network Adapter is trying to connect?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?