belkin surgemaster question

hugh-265156 17:58 31 Aug 2003

hi all,i have two surge protectors click here one for my pc,monitor and cable modem and one for my sorrund sound amps and subwoofer,both connected to the same double 13amp outlet.

the surge protectors have a earthed and a protected led on them.one of the strips protected light has just dimmed before my very eyes,in bright light it looks as if its no longer lit but when i look closely,its still on but very dim.

could this be a faulty led or have i had a surge?the power has not gone off and the other strips protected light is still bright.as above,both are connected to the same wall socket.i think i will buy a new one just for peace of mind but in the meantime would be grateful for any advice.thank you.

alan 2273 18:38 31 Aug 2003

Apparently as the surge protector comes with a lifetime guarantee, contact Belkin who should replace it free of charge.

hugh-265156 18:42 31 Aug 2003

i thought the guarentee was just for any equipment that was damaged whilst connected to the strip.

vibrant 19:10 31 Aug 2003

2 months ago I had a faulty on off switch,I emailed them to see if I could get a new switch.2 days later I got a reply to cut the power lead off as they were going to send me a new one.I got my new surge master within 10 days

hugh-265156 19:13 31 Aug 2003

i will contact belkin.thanks.

hugh-265156 14:18 09 Sep 2003

i contacted belkin,just received an email back from them.they are going to replace it free of charge.thanks for the help folks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?