Belkin router won't respond to 192.168.2.1

RDG 18:10 25 Sep 2006

Having had problems with my Belkin router type F5D7630 I carried out a "Restore Factory Defaults" Now I am unable to connect to the Setup window on 192.168.2.1

Anyone got any suggestions please ?

Many Thanks

RDG

ade.h 20:07 25 Sep 2006

Are you doing so over an Ethernet connection? Belkins, like most routers, only accept wireless logins once the router has been configured and, of course, it isn't configured right now.

Aargh 20:58 25 Sep 2006

You say you were having problems - could you reach the configuration page before the reset?

Did you save your previous settings? If so restore them and try again.

If not try uninstalling and starting from scratch

RDG 21:16 25 Sep 2006

Ade and AARGH

Thanks for your replies yes I'm trying to reconnect via ethernet and yes it worked previously but I now cant get the setup window to change anything as it won't respond to 192.168.2.1 which the handbook says is the base address after a factory restore.

Have saved the previous setting but can't restore them until I can log into the Router again.

Any ideas please ?

Thanks

RDG.

ade.h 22:19 25 Sep 2006

The most likely cause - assuming that the router is otherwise functional - is that your PC has not been able to acquire an IP from the router's DHCP server. It is possible that either the server has not initialised for some reason or the DHCP Client service is non-functioning. Your next step is to run services.msc and check the status of the DHCP Client service. Also enter ipconfig /all from a command window and see what you get. Post the results here.

RDG 22:38 25 Sep 2006

ade.h

Thank you I think you solved the problem. I had to go back to automatic ip from fixed to find the router!

Now accessing setup page.

Many Thanks for your help it's much appreciated.

RDG.

ade.h 22:48 25 Sep 2006

No problem! :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone