Belkin Router Loses Connection

kingbullit 20:31 16 Feb 2006

I have the Belkin F5D7230uk4 wireless router connected to a BT Voyager 205 ADSL Modem and a BT Voyager 1040 PCI Adapter. My Broadband connection is with IC24 and is a PPPoa connection. However the router does not work if I enter the username and password in the browser under Internet WAN/Connection Type/PPPoa. It will only work when I select Dynamic IP. I have a Static IP assigned to me when I connect to my providers’ servers. After a few minutes usage the router goes down. This generally happens whenever I try to download any large files. When I check the Router, all lights except the “Modem” light have gone off. It will only work again if I remove the power supply and the reconnect. I would be grateful for any help you can offer.

ade.h 20:39 16 Feb 2006

Is "automatic PVC scan" checked?

I would also suggest a firmware update in case you have older stock, as the 72 did have a few teething troubles - one of which was connection issues with static IPs. The 76 works fine with static IPs (which I know from my own experience).

Rioja 21:01 16 Feb 2006

The BT Voyager 205 is a combined ADSL Modem/Router and it is the modem section of this that terminates your ADSL signal, not the Belkin. The Belkin must therefore use a Static conection to the ethernet (LAN) port of the 205.

Have a look at my diagrams here:

click here

This should give you some pointers.

Regards,
Rioja

kingbullit 18:48 12 Apr 2006

Initially this seemed to work but now the problem has resurfaced. I've tried the set up as listed under "(Wireless)DSL/Cable Router behind ADSL Modem/Router" on the link, I assume that correct?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?