belkin router failure

Alan24 19:13 05 Mar 2006

Hi, I purchased a belkin g router at Christmas and have it connected to the Telewest Broadband modem, and ethernet cable to stand alone pc.
My children are each using laptops with the plugin wireles receivers in their respective rooms. This has been working fine for the 3 and a half months we have had them. However Friday night the belkin Router has kept lossing its conectivity, green lights going out and orange ones lighting up. Have checked the telewest modem all ok,(telewest have also confirmed this), rebouted the belkin unit (swithced it off and back on), and it works for about 5 mins and drops out again. This has been happening now all day, my children still have home work to complete, and are driving me nuts.

My question, do i have a fault with the belkin unit, and as it is less than a year old is it still under guarentee. or.. is it pilot error? (ie me)

Thanks

Alan

mgmcc 08:55 06 Mar 2006

I would suggest that you perform a "hard" reset of the router, which will return it to its "out-of-the-box" settings, and set it up again from scratch.

There should be a "reset" button which can perform a "soft" reset, which simply reboots the router, or a "hard" reset to restore factory settings. The hard reset probably involves keeping the button pressed for about 10 seconds while the router remains powered on.

Alan24 22:05 14 Mar 2006

hi
thanks for the advise, i have rebouted the router
about 40 times, longest it worked for was 10 mins.
Contacted belkin, and after 20 mins on the phone they conceded that the unit was faulty.

They have supplied a replacement free of charge, but i'm yet to have time to install.

thanks for all your help

Alan

marsman 10:37 18 Mar 2006

I bought this router you have about 2 wees ago, I had exactly the same problem, I swapped it twice at curry's. I spent about 3 hours onto to the Belkin help line, or should I say no-help line. In the end I got my money back and bought a D-Link no drop off in conection at all so far.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?