Belkin Router - Cannot get connected Wirelessy

Diddler82 10:33 15 Mar 2007

Ice Broadband - Belkin Router F5D733-4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firstly Ice Broadband in Ireland is a wireless Broadband provider that does not require a phoneline.

I cannot connect to the Internet wireless - there is no connection at all through the Router the BB is working fine but cannot connect wirelessy only via Ethernet - it willl ping the Ip fine but not the next one as per below

d) Type ping 66.102.9.104. If the ping times out then the problem is between your router and internet connection. If you get a response, move to step e).

Basically I think I have input everything correctly and cannot see any problems but the link stream just says "Link Down"

What do I do or change to rectify this - Im going insane!

Ashrich 19:40 15 Mar 2007

How does the internet come into your house before it goes into the router ? What is the IP address before it reaches the router ? . I use a wireless satellite broadband and with some routers , if they are on the same IP address they will only work with DHCP turned off in the router and the ethernet cable plugged into an ordinary LAN port , not the WAN port

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?