Belkin router

rob3600 23:00 05 Apr 2010

Last week I bought a new Belkin router as my old one died. I have no problems getting on to the internet or any surfing problems, however when my son attempts to connect he always seems to have a problem (he is using a mac). He states he shows it is connected but he looses connection. I am sure he is attempting to mess with the settings or mess with something or other as he always thinks he is a computer expert. Is anyone else have problems with Belkin routers

mgmcc 23:34 05 Apr 2010

Is your son trying to connect "wirelessly" and if so, does his Mac support whatever type of encryption is set up in the router?

For example, if the router is set up with WEP using an ASCII key, some hardware will have problems with this and a Hexadecimal key should be used instead.

rob3600 23:50 05 Apr 2010

Thanks for that
Yes he is trying to connect wirelessly as am I as well as my wife we both are able to connect without any problems

mgmcc 08:22 06 Apr 2010

What type of encryption is set up in the router?

rob3600 11:16 06 Apr 2010

mgmcc

Well now you've asked something, I have no idea where do I find that? :-(

rob3600 11:41 06 Apr 2010

Found it :-) AES, or the other choice is TKIP

mgmcc 12:06 06 Apr 2010

Try using WPA-PSK with TKIP and see if the Mac can connect. You will need to delete the existing "profiles" in your Windows PCs and then go through the procedure to "Connect" again, when a new profile will be saved. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017