Belkin problems

sim00 20:33 26 Sep 2007

Can anyone help just bought a new laptop and a belkin modem so can go wireless. The cd that came with it does not seem to be working at all at the moment. Need some steps. At the moment have a desktop that is connected to broadband not wireless we only really want the laptop to be wireless.

Thanks

Ashrich 21:13 26 Sep 2007

Have you tried setting it up manually ? Open your browser and type into the top bar 192.168.2.1 ( that's the usual Belkin IP ) this will take you into the set up pages , fill in your ISP log in details and click on " connect " although it has been a while since I set up a Belkin , it may have a wizard to follow now , get it on to the Internet first , then see if the wireless can pick it up and also connect to the internet , then you can secure it using WPA encryption ( best ) or WEP ( Ok , but not so good )

Post back to let us know how you get/got on !!

Ashley

ambra4 01:38 27 Sep 2007

Ashrick

Double posting under difference title

click here

ambra4 11:32 27 Sep 2007

sim00

You have two posting with difference title close this one and leave the other one

belkinhelp 20:54 30 Sep 2007

hey, i have a belkin 54g wireless router and i have two computers with wireless adapters. The router is connected to my broadband modem. My belkin router has recently cut out so that the wireless internet does not work on the two computers that have the wireles adapter, however the light for the wireless is still lighting up on the router. can anyone help me please? Thanks Alot

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?