Belkin Pre-N TRYING to aquire network address!

richardkms 20:10 13 Jun 2007

Belkin Pre-N TRYING to aquire network address!

Hi,

My son has a laptop connected to the wireless system here - and it stopped! One day ok, the next day no connection. After briefly trying to solve this and seeing trat the other two laptops were working fine, I removed and re-installed the Pre-N card with the installations to the letter. All seemed fine except it is only recieving data and not transmitting. The icon says that it is trying to aquire network address. Speed is 108 and it's green. The router is a belkin pre-n but all is ok with the others on the network. Has he downloaded a bug? Or am I doing something wrong? When I set it up 6mnths ago it all went to plan!
Hopefully somebody can help.

Thanks,
Richard.

STREETWORK 22:38 13 Jun 2007

looks like buggy windows from the description.

On the laptop

Click start, run and type services.msc. a window will open, scroll down near the end and locate Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC). Right click it and select either start or restart. Again right click it and select restart.

Now check and see if the laptop connects...

richardkms 08:04 14 Jun 2007

Hi Streetwork,

Just tried what you said but, no difference. I noticed thatthe chart shown by Belkin when you click on their green icon, says the bandwith as 2.4ghz (802.11g) and not a pre n display. Or does it not need to? Transmit is zero. Signal quality is 97%.

I'm lost!

Richard

joe11ee 08:47 14 Jun 2007

"Interesting, this is cool, nearly made my day. :)"

click here

richardkms 09:01 14 Jun 2007

Glad you think it's cool Joe - My son is knocking on the door every five minutes to see if I've fixed this problem!!!
How does you DVD to MP4 advert help??

Richard

scotty 13:30 15 Jun 2007

Couple of suggestions:

Try a system restore to a date when it was working;

Can you try the Pre-N card in another machine to check the card is not faulty?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017