Belkin Pre-N TRYING to aquire network address!

richardkms 19:17 13 Jun 2007

Belkin Pre-N TRYING to aquire network address!

Hi,

My son has a laptop connected to the wireless system here - and it stopped! One day ok, the next day no connection. After briefly trying to solve this and seeing trat the other two laptops were working fine, I removed and re-installed the Pre-N card with the installations to the letter. All seemed fine except it is only recieving data and not transmitting. The icon says that it is trying to aquire network address. Speed is 108 and it's green. The router is a belkin pre-n but all is ok with the others on the network. Has he downloaded a bug? Or am I doing something wrong? When I set it up 6mnths ago it all went to plan!
Hopefully somebody can help.

Thanks,
Richard.

mocha 23:18 13 Jun 2007

If your IP address for that laptop is issued automatically by your ISP check that the firewall on your laptop is set to allow the IP address.

If it's a static address make sure that all computers have their own individual address.

Turn off the Firewall on the laptop and see if you can aquire the network then.

richardkms 08:16 14 Jun 2007

Hi mocha,

I checked all of that and it's all ok - I was also told to turn off and restart the Wireless Zero configuration on the services tab and reset but again no luck.
Are there any more things to try - 6mnths ago it was setup in 4mins. Is it a bug? I ran Spyware Doctor and Adaware again bus nothing was found.

Richard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?