Belkin or SKY Router

acceptmyname 15:26 04 Dec 2007

I have recently change my internet provider to SKY and in the SKY package you get a free Netgear wireless router which i now use with my old Belkin wireless network adapter but i wanted to know could i still use my old Belkin wireless router as i believe the performance from it was better more stability....etc

I have tried to use the Belkin router but for some reason it does not so my network signal being sent out from the router so i cannot not connect, I find this strange as it does show my neighbours network signals and i would be able to connect to them if i had there passwords.

Before anybody starts I am by no means trying to connect to my neighbours internet i have just stated that as it might help.

acceptmyname 15:28 04 Dec 2007

sorry i have just noticed this should be in the network forum but as i have already posted it here I apologise.

acceptmyname 16:07 04 Dec 2007

Does that mean that i cant or i will just be breaking there T&C if i do

SANTOS7 16:12 04 Dec 2007

Does that mean that i cant...

you have already tried and you can't...

i know SKY routers are locked so you cannot use them with any other ISP, it may be that you cannot do it the other way round either....

pk46 16:19 04 Dec 2007

The Netgear Sky router is preset for sky Broadband
so i doubt if you could use another make of router
and get it to work.

acceptmyname 16:19 04 Dec 2007

Ok Thanks for the help i will just have to stick with the sky router then.

acceptmyname 16:20 04 Dec 2007

Just a thought, why can i pick up other peoples Sky signal with my Belkin router and not my own.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?