belkin ni vision

amosoreilly 19:41 12 Oct 2010

today i tried to install my belkin n1 vision router as i have virgin cable connection. i used this router a few months ago and it was working fine. today when i turn router on it just keeps rebooting, i have tried the reset button but still the same, please help, with thanks.

mgmcc 20:54 12 Oct 2010

When trying the reset button, did you hold it in for long enough to perform a "hard reset" back to factory default settings, rather than performing a simple reboot?

amosoreilly 23:14 13 Oct 2010

right got router running and set up but internet very slow, i clicked on diagnose and says tcp settings are not compatable, please help.

mgmcc 08:15 14 Oct 2010

Not sure how the TCP/IP settings can be "incompatible". Run IPCONFIG /ALL in a Command Prompt Window and check that the adapter's IP address starts with 192.168.2

Go to "Start > Run", type...

cmd.exe /k ipconfig /all

...and click OK. Right click in the Command Prompt window, "Select All" and press Enter to copy the details to the clipboard. Paste the details into a forum reply here. It might give an indication of any problems.

amosoreilly 16:31 14 Oct 2010

Many thanks got that problem sorted, I have firmware version f5d8232-4-ww_1.00.15, i have tried to update the firmware throught my belkin setup page but it says there are no updates can anyone confirm this for me as i have never updated the router from new. my last request is when i check my connection the name and ssid are the same is this right and ok? also my network type says access point and network availability is all users, is this safe and ok, cheers again.

mgmcc 20:26 14 Oct 2010

The SSID (Service Set IDentifier) is the wireless network name. It is entered into the router's wireless settings and is broadcast by the router, so that network adapters (in PCs) scanning for Available Wireless Networks find the network. The SSID in the router will therefore be the same as that saved in the PC's settings.

The network type will be Access Point. However, you should secure your wireless network using as a minimum WEP, but ideally using the much more secure WPA or WPA2.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017