Well managed to sort this out and am posting the solution for others:
1. On the PC you need to connect, click 'start', 'run' and type in "services.msc" without quotes.
2. Scroll down to wireless connection and right click it.
3. Click 'start'
4. right Click it again and click 'restart'
5. close the window.
6. Right click on the system tray icon for the adapter and click on 'view available connections'. This will pull up a window showing any available networks (and may list others in your area)
Note: If you do not see any connections repeat steps 1 to 6 again.
7. Choose the network you need to connect to and click connect. Here you will be prompted to type in the WEP Key, this can be found on the base of the Livebox.
It should now connect...