Belkin G+ Router

67yvonne 20:31 29 Apr 2007

I have just purchased the above router and I am finding it all very confusing (doesn't take much)
1. set up router and can get internet on both desk top and lap top but on the lap top it keeps dropping out to howls of disappointment from my children.
2. do I need to get Norton anti virus etc for the lap top just like I have on the desk top

3. How do I set up my canon printer to print from the lap top wirelessly apparently the router I have has a printer server I have no software for my printer installed on my laptop.

Please help or are these routers more trouble than their worth.
Many thanks Yvonne

setecio 22:06 29 Apr 2007

1) Are both connected via wireless or is the desktop by ethernet and laptop by wireless ?
2) Do you have WPA security enabled ?
3) Do you have SSID broadcast enabled in the router, if it is disabled then this can sometimes cause dropping of the signal, so try enabling it.

setecio 23:22 29 Apr 2007

Which model is it ... I wasn't aware that any of the Belkin routers had built in print servers.

67yvonne 08:48 30 Apr 2007

Thank you for getting back to me
The desk top is connected via ethernetand the lap top is wireless.
Treat me like an idiot.
You mention wap enabled and ssid pleae could you explain further I thought this router was going to be plug and play i didn't realise it was so involved. The model I have is a Belkin g plus router ver.2001uk model number f5d7231-4 the bloke in pc world said it would do internet and printing was I miss informed. Very tempted to tak it back.
Many thanks Yvonne

setecio 09:13 30 Apr 2007

If the model nmber is F5D7231uk4P , then it does have an integrated print server.

I the model number is F5D7231uk4 , then it doesn't and network printing is still pssible but not as easy.

I'm sorry to say this but the Belkin manual is quite ood and rather than me reprint it here, it would be eaier to read it.

f5d73uk4
click here

or f5d7231uk4P
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?