Belkin Card Reader writer and Sandisk 2Gb SD Card

Fatbelly 20:08 14 Jul 2007

I have been using a Belkin Hi-Speed USB 2.0 8 in 1 Card Reader and Writer to transfer my images from my Sandisk Extreme 3 1Gb SD memory card to my PC, I have been doing this now for over a year with no problems.

Last week I bought a Sandisk Extreme 3 2Gb SD card. But when I put it into the Belkin and connect it to my PC and try to download the images, Windows says I should insert a disc into the drive. How can I get my card to be recognised so that I can download my images to my PC.

Thanks Fatbelly

eedcam 23:01 14 Jul 2007

There are 2 types of sd you might find you have the one belkin dont support

eedcam 23:03 14 Jul 2007

There are 2 types of sd you might find you have the one belkin dont support

Fatbelly 23:10 14 Jul 2007

But if that were correct the surely the 1Gb SD card that i have been using for the last year would not have worked.

Any help will be appreciated.

Stuartli 23:11 14 Jul 2007

Some memory card reader/writers cannot handle the larger capacities over, say, 512MB or 1GB.

karmgord 23:28 14 Jul 2007

Sorry m8 but my belkin card reader can't read 2gb sd cards i had to buy another reader

eedcam 09:42 15 Jul 2007

But if that were correct the surely the 1Gb SD card that i have been using for the last year would not have worked.

No it aint neccessariy so
Read this

click here

Fatbelly 09:57 15 Jul 2007

Thanks for the replies everyone, I appreciate it.

Looks like its a new reader writer : ¬ (
Can anyone suggest a reader writer that will take 2Gb SD cards.

Thanks once again.

anchor 15:44 15 Jul 2007

It appears as the Sandisk will read at least up to 4Gb. Have a look; card reader and 4Gb SD card offer:

click here

Strawballs 16:15 15 Jul 2007

My 2.5yr old laptop with built in card reader will not read our 2gig cards where as my daughters new HP photosmart printer with card reader will I am thinking it might be because 2.5yrs ago there was no such thing as a 2gig SD Card.

macbookboy 15:05 04 Sep 2007

there are two different types of sd cards normal sd which can be as large as 4gb and SDHC that can be larger the hc bit stands for high capacity and these larger cards are not always compatible with older devices, if you want to be future safe then get something like this [url=click here]Kingston multicard reader[/url] that has sdhc card support.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?