Belikin wireless laptop frustration!

teeze666 14:37 22 Jul 2006

I have currently a belkin wireless g (usb)setup via a wireless g router for the house desktop that works fine. The problem is that that when i recently bought a belkin wireless notebook card for my Acer 1350 laptop to run through the same router it won't work.
The software has installed onto the laptop ok (I think!) But after I insert the network card the configure screen loads and disappears immediately. Can anybody shed some light on this as I have been trying to sort it out for a week to no avail...

Cheers

ade.h 14:40 22 Jul 2006

Try running it without the software (which you will need to remove).

The usual blurb:

1) Clear off the adapter software in "Change or Remove Programs", found via Program Access and Defaults on the All Programs menu.
2) Uninstall the device from Device Manager, accessed via the Hardware tab in the properties of “My Computer”.
3) Reboot. Run a cleanup with your preferred cleanup utility.
4) Insert your driver CD, but cancel it if it starts to run. DO NOT let it run.
5) Insert the PC Card or USB adapter.
6) Wait for the "New Hardware Found" wizard to begin and point it to the CD when prompted to search for a driver. Alternatively, download the latest driver from the manufacturer's support site and save it in a convenient location.

teeze666 15:20 22 Jul 2006

This might sound stupid but...

Where inn the device manager will i find the device? Network adapters- i assume, but i only have listed; 1394 Net Adapter and VIA compatible Fast Ethernet adapter.
I've looked through the other device titles in the device manager but can't find anything that relates to Belkin wireless network card.

ade.h 15:57 22 Jul 2006

Under PCMCIA - it is a PCMCIA card that you're using, yes?

ade.h 15:58 22 Jul 2006

And don't foget that it must be inserted to be listed in Dev Manager.

teeze666 19:22 23 Jul 2006

Niceone!!! Problem solved!

ade.h 21:09 23 Jul 2006

Happy to help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone