Belarc and MS Updates

Lettervanman 20:10 19 Sep 2006

Latest version of Belarc now insists that 7 updates are not installed. MS Automatic updates site does not find any that are required. I keep up to date with all XP fixes and Belarc has not found any problems before.
Has anyone also found that the latest version is not in agreement with MS updates?

VoG II 20:15 19 Sep 2006

In agreement here.

anskyber 20:17 19 Sep 2006

All fine here. Do you have the latest version of Belarc, 7.2?

skidzy 20:31 19 Sep 2006

All installed ok here,checked with Belarc 7.2a and no red crosses.

Lettervanman 20:55 19 Sep 2006

Thanks folks,I think I will leave it to MS automatic updates to decide.
Yes I have the 7.2a version,upgraded to that recently. Perhaps it is finding things that the old version did not. The odd thing is one of the updates is for Office XP and I don't even have it!

kdt 20:56 19 Sep 2006

click on the red crosses and download manually one by one then see what happens if that is required by belarc as i had 2 such crosses which probably may not have installed properly but update said i had them

Lettervanman 21:14 19 Sep 2006

What I have, is in the top right hand side under Microsoft Security Updates a large red X and "7 Missing."
Then above the list of installed Hotfixes are the seven that are claimed to be missing but with no red X by them.
A note says "they are required using 9/12/2006 MS Security Bulletin and were not found installed.
CIS Benchmarks require that critical and important hotfixes are installed."
But as I have said,Automatic Update site finds nothing.

terryf 21:14 19 Sep 2006

Just downloaded and ran 7.2, all green x's for msoft updates

Jackcoms 21:16 19 Sep 2006

"Then above the list of installed Hotfixes are the seven that are claimed to be missing"

Are they also listed in Add/Remove Programs?

Lettervanman 21:27 19 Sep 2006

Jackcoms,I think you may be on the right track!
Just found this.

click here

Jackcoms 21:33 19 Sep 2006

Your link doesn't work.

My suggestion was that if the 'missing' Hotfixes are listed in Add/Remove Programs they are, in fact, installed on your PC and Belarc is telling porkies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires