Belarc Advisor problem

lucky1 20:53 09 Jan 2011

Last couple of days my fully updated version of Belarc Advisor does its normal check of the PC but, when it attempts to connect to the BC site to give the usual report, connection cannot be made.
I've been on their site using the site address and it connects okay.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

wee eddie 21:30 09 Jan 2011

maybe it has changed fairly radically, but it's primary purpose has always been to define the contents of your Computer, both Hardware and Software, which one might do just after you bought the thing, to check that you got what you paid for, and at occasionally, at a later date. if you had forgotten to save the reading or were considering in upgrading a part.

I know that it lists all the Windows Updates and the latest version checks that list against the latest available.

But surely Secunia does that better. click here as does the M$ Update Site

Woolwell 22:45 09 Jan 2011

I don't think that it does connect to the Belarc site to give the report. It opens your browser and gives an html report and the address bar should contain something like C:\Program Files\Belarc\Advisor\System\tmp\(name).html

lucky1 12:12 10 Jan 2011

Thanks both for your comments. Got the html report this morning okay. Must have been a temporary hiccup with my browser! Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?