Belarc Advisor Improvements?

Taff36 23:07 06 Jun 2005

Anyone noticed that the latest free download of Belarc Advisor click here seems to have introduced a new feature in the Security status of the machine being analysed? It gives a score for MS Security updates, Antivirus Protection and a CIS Benchmark Score. Clicking on the latter provides some interesting links to the Account& Audit Policies on the system.

Diodorus Siculus 07:29 07 Jun 2005

Tiem to take another look I think; I've been a fan of Everest for some time now but will try out Belarc again.

Baslla321 10:47 07 Jun 2005

Taff36
I just upgraded my Belarc and see that my CIS Benchmark score details have a lot of crosses in red. Apparently one can install some templates to correct these, but there is some risk involved. I know nothing about these. Could you or anyone please explain? Thank you

Taff36 11:18 07 Jun 2005

Like you I only spotted this late last night and to be honest I haven`t had time to research but you are right in what you say. I was a little concerned that my system scored so low and I read one or two of the linked reports and explanations. They seemed to be pretty good and I understood them which was a bonus. I think this benchmark is all about security and obviously the template download available from Microsoft would suggest that this is part of their worldwide security initiative.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 12:16 07 Jun 2005

Bookmark for attention

JaßîsFaß ˜ 12:18 07 Jun 2005

Oops, also thanks for info Taff36

dogbreath1 16:40 07 Jun 2005

I think that the benchmark facility does not work for XP Home.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?