Bekin and VISTA

zism 12:23 10 Jun 2007

hi

I have installed a Belkin F5D7632UK4A version 1000uk on my vista laptop. However it keeps bluescreening. When I uninstall the software and return to my static connection I do not have this problem. When I then reinstall the Belkin software it bluescreens. Belkin are insisting that this router is Vista compatible but I am not convinced!

Can anyone give me any other suggestions?

Thanks

Forum Editor 19:43 10 Jun 2007

that might be worth installing:

click here

This may not be of much help, because it affects the router, rather than the laptop, which is where the problem seems to be. Does the router establish a connection with your ISP correctly?

mgmcc 08:50 11 Jun 2007

What "software" are you installing in the PC for the Belkin Router?

A router isn't *installed* in a PC, either as hardware or software, it is a network device to which computers connect using an ethernet connection (wired or wireless) and TCP/IP protocol. You shouldn't have to install anything. There may be a wizard on the CD to help with configuration, but the router can be configured manually by typing its IP address (192.168.2.1) into you web browser.

zism 20:28 12 Jun 2007

hi

I am using the 2 CDs that came with the router to install. Im very new to wireless and not totaly au fait with all the technical terms (sorry!)

I tried the link above but it does not appear to be for my router but the F5D7632uk4A

zism :~/

mgmcc 22:15 12 Jun 2007

Did the router come with a "bundled" USB Wireless Network Adapter? If so, one of the CDs will be the software for the adapter. The other probably contains a wizard to help set up the router (but doesn't install anything) and possibly a PDF format manual.

If this is the case, and as your laptop is almost certainly "wireless-enabled" anyway, you won't need to install the adapter or its software.

zism 07:43 13 Jun 2007

yes it came with the USB Wireless Network Adapter. I followed the steps on the leaflet that came with the router.

should I now just plug it in without running the CDs?

Killo Bite 00:23 15 Jun 2007

against your device their is a Firmware patch to make it Vista compliant.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?