Be Aware-114 fake antivirus programmes to avoid

Graphicool1 09:58 21 Dec 2009
  Input Overload 10:05 21 Dec 2009

Thanks for that, I've forwarded it to some non tech friends who could get caught out.

orsta 14:05 21 Dec 2009

Thanks for the tip. Also forwarded.

Sea Urchin 14:13 21 Dec 2009

Basically any supposed security program that just begins "scanning" your system uninvited (and that you have never installed) is a rogue program. This very useful list provided by Graphicool1 (and Microsoft) is being added to daily.

User-1229748 14:27 21 Dec 2009

yes many thanks,i've had the malwarecrush pop up more times than any other.luckily hitting the restart button has been enough to prevent an infection but not certain that hitting the restart button would be enough with some of them.increasingly it seems that these rogues are popping up in the first few google links after a search aswell.

Graphicool1 16:41 21 Dec 2009

I too use that technique for vanquishing the foe, on the relatively few I come across. I'm a Yahoo! fan and maybe it's because Google is generally more popular that it gets targeted more.

I'm afraid it's that time of the year when seemingly more slime balls come out of the woodwork. I guess it's because there are a whole load of new innocents ripe for the plucking.

I just felt that someone should interject a timely 'Heads Up'. For the more aware people among us, like 'Input Overload' and 'orsta' to help their friends weather the storm.

Thanks Sea Urchin.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?