Bcc emailing

ChrisAnnSen 13:19 05 Dec 2006

I belong to a group and need to email 160 other members with our newsletter. I have the email addresses in an Excel 2002 file. In the past I've copied and pasted the addresses into bcc in Outlook Express 6 and sent them on their way.
For some reason this time OE6 does not recognise the email addresses ie does not underline them and separate them with a ; - the list just sits there in list format. When I send the email it appears to go nowhere.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong. The only alternative I can think of is send each email separately - and that could take 3 hours!!
I've stopped McAfee interrupting the procedure and also checked that the timeout box is unticked in OE6.

Aargh 13:30 05 Dec 2006

If you have all the contacts correctly entered into your address book, there should be no problem in creating a new group for sending ie Address Book>File>New Group

It may be easiest to manualyy enter all the contacts rather than the cut & paste route.

ChrisAnnSen 13:35 05 Dec 2006

The addresses aren't in the address book, they're in an Excel file - I can't put them into the address book as they are collected from various sources which vary each time.

keithlik 14:27 05 Dec 2006

There are programmes in Windows to help you organise Mail Shots and other applications are available but your problem seems to be that the recipients details vary.

Normally Windows address book is the answer but there is no way it can cope with this situation.

ChrisAnnSen 16:00 05 Dec 2006

Thanks.
It appears that, despite appearances to the contrary, my emails all actually went out. They just took about three hours to arrive at their destinations.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?