BBCiplayer gone from XP Home

dnjl 18:26 01 Feb 2011

Hi - I had BBCiplayer on my XP Home computer & it worked well.
The other day it would not download programmes to it, or anything else, but let me watch a programme (a bit bitty, kept stopping 7 starting). Today I cannot find iplayer at all and when I go to BBC and ask to download a programme it states "click here" - which I do and it wirrs round & round for ages and eventually I have got it to say "click here to download BBCiplayer" - I left it for 2hrs. & it still is wirring round & round. I have tried a few times now but with no success.

I do notice that now it states "get THE LATEST NEW BBCIplayer" - probably the problem.

Any ideas please

northumbria61 21:00 01 Feb 2011

Instructions here for uninstalling and installing click here I suggest you uninstall and reinstall.

dnjl 00:35 02 Feb 2011

Hi = had done this a few times but with no success.

dnjl 00:38 02 Feb 2011

Hi
Seeing you reply I just thought I'd go through the motions again, following BBciplayer instructions.

AND whallah! as the French say - it's worked beautifully.

It mus be the bits it leaves in Application Data after you've uninstalled through Add/Remove, that makes it think it's there but not really there, so won't put another on etc etc.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks to all who have replied.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?