BBC TV

johnincrete 07:10 17 Dec 2008

I live in Crete. Is it possible to see BBC TV programmes on my PC? I look forward to rugby matches and F1 next season. Not interested in films nor in downloading music. I don't know anyone in UK who has a DVD recorder who could record programmes live.
If you have a solution, please know that my internet "skills" go no further than double-clicking on Explorer and reading online newspapers. buying from Amazon and sending simple emails.

oldbeefer2 10:55 17 Dec 2008

There is a way click here, but it is a touch complicated. Otherwise, I believe iplayer is unavailable outside the UK.

recap 11:04 17 Dec 2008

You could try the BBC iPlayer this shows programmes for seven days normally, from its first viewing. click here

oldbeefer2 11:36 17 Dec 2008

As I said, iplayer is not available outside the UK (or so I'm told by my children who are abroad).

iscanut 13:38 17 Dec 2008

I bow to your knowledge re IPlayer but wonder how the IPlayer detects that someone is "abroad". Does anyone know ?

recap 13:40 17 Dec 2008

"Access to and use of 'bbc.co.uk' both within the UK and internationally is provided by the BBC (international users of the site may see some advertising on certain pages which is provided by the BBC's commercial arm, BBC Worldwide Limited ("BBCW"))" click here

oldbeefer2 15:53 17 Dec 2008

No knowledge here, just that I've been moaned at by son in Sydney who says he can't watch Top Gear!

ashdav 17:08 31 Dec 2008

All Top Gear episodes and other related stuff click here
Watch iPlayer from wherever click here

oldbeefer2 18:36 31 Dec 2008

Thanks for that tip - Sydney offspring have been told!

Sea Urchin 21:20 31 Dec 2008

I think your two links are the same

ashdav 17:22 07 Jan 2009

Second link should have been click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

These hilarious robot GIFs will be sure to make you smile

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie