BBC Local Radio Cant listen

Border View 09:03 19 Nov 2008

I have Real Alternative and used to be able to listen to local radio live.

I have just tried and I get the message that I need Real Player stand along. Not keen on Real Player.

Anyone else having this problem and what is the work around please.

Border View 09:07 19 Nov 2008

Is Real Player stand alone different from Real Player?

anniesboy 09:15 19 Nov 2008

I have Real Alternative and can listen to my local BBC ,no problem.
Are you able to receive other BBC radio?
As for the difference yes there is ,exactly what Im sure someone else will inform.

Border View 09:53 19 Nov 2008

I can listen to Radio 4 because it comes through iPlayer. I have tried other local radio stations but they all want this Real Player Stand Alone which I havent down loaded.

Still not certain if there is a difference and wonder why my Real Alternative is not coping with local radio.

anniesboy 09:58 19 Nov 2008

Have you got your local radio activated via edit to the right of the radio tab?

chub_tor 10:07 19 Nov 2008

I have the stand alone version of Real and have no problems with it. I have read that some people find it very invasive but whenever I install it I am sure to tick all the boxes on registration to say that I don't want anything else from them. It just works in the background and I can get all the radio stations that I need including local radio.

Border View 10:07 19 Nov 2008

Problem solved. I uninstalled Real Alternative and reinstalled. Can now listen to radio Newcastle. Pity Mike Parr has finished now. Hey ho, all ready for tomorrow.

Many thanks for your help anniesboy.

Nuther green tick.

Border View 10:09 19 Nov 2008

Sorry chub_tor just seen your posting. You posted same time as me. Thank you for responding. As you see, all is now well.

Barmoor

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?