BBC On-line Five Live blocked for footie!

Dr.F 20:24 24 Feb 2006

Hi!
I live outside the UK and find it frustrating that the BBC block certain online sports broadcasts such as football commentaries at the weekends. Is there any way to bypass this? The BBC Player and Real Player both bloch the broadcasts.

All help appreciated.

Frankie!!!

Jackcoms 20:37 24 Feb 2006

"find it frustrating that the BBC block certain online sports broadcasts"

So, speak to the BBC

tasslehoff burrfoot 20:56 24 Feb 2006

are probably only licensed to broadcast these events in the UK. Any advice on how to bypass this would be (quite rightly) frowned upon by FE.

goonerbill © ® 00:13 25 Feb 2006

its not only the bbc who do this. any u.k. radio station the broadcasts football in the u.k. is not allowed to broadcast it via the internet and NO, there is no bypass as the radio station will put on a separate broadcast for net listeners.

sicknote 00:25 25 Feb 2006

Not to sure what country you are in, but could you not use the Astra Satellite and get bbc radio free that way !!

click here

DieSse 01:04 25 Feb 2006

There's no way around the internet issue - because the BBC simply don't send them out. If they don't send them, what could you ever do to receive them?

The answer, as sicknote suggested, is to get a satellite system, assuming you are within an area where it will work.

Stuartli 09:22 25 Feb 2006

The BBC makes it clear on its website with regard to the limited broadcasting available.

Why not look up the website of the local BBC or commercial radio station that covers the teams/matches you wish to hear and listen to the feed that way?

yogibear 09:31 25 Feb 2006

I know how you feel. I'm a Leeds fan and it's so annoying when I can listen to BBC Radio Leeds right up to Kick off...then nothing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?