BBC iPlayer & Adobve Flash Player

Glen 13:23 19 Jan 2011

I have Vista Business and use Mozilla Firefox. When I open iPlayer and start to run a BBC program I get - "A script in this movie is causing Adobe Flash Player 10 to run slowly. etc etc. Do you want to abort the script?" If I click Yes nothing runs. If I click No the program opens. Looking in control panel/programs, I seem to have Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX and Adobe Flash Player 10 Plug in. Should I uninstal one or both of these, and then instal the latest version - 10.1.102.64 ?

Glen

northumbria61 14:01 19 Jan 2011

Update to the latest version. You shouldn't need to uninstall - download from here click here

Glen 16:03 20 Jan 2011

Sorry to say this did not work. I note the same problem on my wife's laptop, so could it be due to the wireless router? She is connected wirelessly and I am connected by ethernet (cable due to distance).
Glen

northumbria61 17:52 20 Jan 2011

You could try uninstalling Flash Player and reinstalling as it appears this is where your problem lies.

There's also a possibility that you may need to update the device drivers for your graphics/video/display adapter. Go to Device Manager - Display Adapters - right click on your listed Graphics Card - Update Driver Software.

Also the problems you are encountering could be due to a slow Internet connection - but I think you should try Flash Player first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?