BBC iplayer

PC840 15:35 08 Feb 2011

Has the code for the BBC iplayer downloads been cracked? Searching the net there ars sites that claim to do it, but in other places they report it's been reinstalled! Any ideas?

Pine Man 15:56 08 Feb 2011

Suggest you read the forum rules before posting here for cracks.

GaT7 16:00 08 Feb 2011

Doesn't their iPlayer have a downloading feature anyway? See click here (but radio program downloads are not allowed click here).

If not, can you be more specific with your query? G

PC840 18:44 08 Feb 2011

Whoops!

GaT7 18:58 08 Feb 2011

Instead of just 'Whoops!', can you return to explain what you were after in the first place? Well, if it was for a 'crack', then I guess you have made yourself clear!

But I don't understand why you need to alter the iPlayer in any way when it already allows you download programmes to watch at a later date? G

ams4127 19:04 08 Feb 2011

I'm with Crossbow7 on this one. Why on earth would anyone want to "crack" BBC iPlayer? You can watch it via the internet on your TV or download content to watch on your computer.

The only thing I can think is that someone wants to use the downloaded programme on another machine like an iPad.

Seems like a whole lot of trouble to me.

PC840 16:44 10 Feb 2011

Well although I have a Tv licence, etc I prefer to view most of my TV on a laptop, but as the downloads are timed out after a certain period, it would be convenient to view archived material that way! In otherwords I want to review previously seen material!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?