BBC Homepage

Guardianangel 15:28 03 Jun 2008

Using IE7 as my browser I've been trying to customise my homepage (BBC) but have had no luck. Each time I make the changes and save them, it returns to the original.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Stuartli 15:47 03 Jun 2008

I have exactly the same problem (using Firefox), no matter how many times I make and Save the changes.

Halmer 15:49 03 Jun 2008

such as Spybot or Superantispyware that stops your home page from been changed?

anniesboy 16:00 03 Jun 2008

I'm using Firefox and can customise with no problem.

Guardianangel 16:30 03 Jun 2008

I have Spybot and Spywareblaster. It's a strange one this as some seem to be able to do it and others, like me, can't.

Halmer 16:49 03 Jun 2008

how they are both set up in the 'Tools' section of both I think.

grey george 17:12 03 Jun 2008

Mine works fine both on xp ie7 and vista ie7. Are you allowing cookies for this page?

Guardianangel 19:14 03 Jun 2008

Cookies are enabled.
Halmer - what exactly do I need to change under tools, Spywareblaster?

Stuartli 20:10 03 Jun 2008

In Firefox, from Tools>Options>Privacy tab, I had Accept Cookies from Sites Enabled - I've now added the basic BBC website URL via the Exceptions button (Allowing this URL) and, touch wood, after Saving the changes yet again, it appears to have solved it in my case.

I rarely use IE7 so am happy with that.

Stuartli 20:12 03 Jun 2008

In IE7 you will have to allow a particular website to use Cookies from Page (top of browser window)>click for menu>Web Page Privacy Policy.

Guardianangel 21:09 03 Jun 2008

Many thanks, that's done the trick. In IE7 I did exactly the same as you did with Firefox: Tools/Options/Privacy tab and put the url in the box then clicked allow, apply, OK.

Thanks also to the other members who responded.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?