battlefiled 2_

nero27uk 20:10 18 Jul 2005

hi all hope some one can help me my wife got me battlefiled 2 for my 30th birthday i love the 1 st one and the add ons two now i have this i couldnt run it on my old g-card so i whent out and got a new on xfx geforce fx5200 256mb ddrpci card as i dont have agp or pci express
but i can still only run the game in low rez if i up the rez it run slow ??? can any on help me i have a p4 2.8ghz 1gb ram and the 256mb card ???

please help me

ICF 21:06 18 Jul 2005

Have you got the two issued patches

Not a Scooby 21:19 18 Jul 2005

I think the basic problem is BF2 is a resource hungry piece of software. If you are running a fx5200, even with 256mb of ram - it's going to sruggle.

The sluggish behaviour is a good sign the card isn't coping well. In addition to ram it needs a good chip set and the FX52000 is aging.

Maybe looking at actaul RAM would help, depending on what you ahve, also what processor you run - they can be cheap these day on mid range CPU's.

Also doing some of the standard things like a disk clean up and then a defrag can only help....

ICF 21:24 18 Jul 2005

Here are the patches click here

gudgulf 22:58 18 Jul 2005

HAve a read of the specifications demanded by the game click here

The fx5200 is not supported by the game which suggests that it is not up to the job,but you would probably get away with that. For you by the need to use a pci version is the real problem.These are considerably slower than the same card in AGP form.What motherboard/pc model do you have?.It seems a bit strange to me that one that can run a 2.8GHz P4 processor is not equipped with an AGP slot.

PsiFox 08:01 19 Jul 2005

Could be an matx board but a lot of those still have an AGP slot

nero27uk 18:58 19 Jul 2005

thanxs to all who have help i am going to build a pc now as this dell is a load of crap lol
any one want it lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?