i have an extreamly good system ...
ATI radeon x850 pro
1.5 gb ram
3.0 ghz prosessor intel p4 HT DUAL CORE
160 GB HARD DRIVE
525 W POWER SUPPLI
2 X CD DED RW DRIVES .. ONE DVD ROM DRIVE
AUDIGY 2 ZS SOUND CARD
Does anyone think that it might be something to do with the driver for my graphics card ... because i have a windows media center ediontion version 2002 pc ... and its very weird ..
please help someone thatnks

andrew-196854 20:11 04 Jul 2006

what have you got the game set at is everthing on hi,if so you could maybe turn one or 2 things down to c if that works, also it depends on the sever what severs do you play on ,when i used to play it i always went on multiplay severs , do you go in ones with a high ping ?

splatter 22:19 04 Jul 2006

I never played Battlefield (OMG) but I find one thing that considerably affects performance is shadows. This is especially true if you have trilinear filtering (or higher) and antistropic filtering turned on.

As dibblydufuss says, try turning some settings down and see what effects that has.

VoG II 22:30 04 Jul 2006

Just out of idle interest what are 'trilinear filtering' and 'antistropic filtering'

DauntlessEagle 22:35 04 Jul 2006

EVERYTHING IS ON HIGH

MY CARD CAN TAKE IT

My question still has not been answered

splatter 22:55 04 Jul 2006

something to do with making everything looking crisper/sharper - but I dont actually know exactly!

and I call myself a gamer!

gudgulf 23:25 04 Jul 2006

Are you getting lag when online only,or in single player mode as well.

If its only online then try running the same settings in single player and having a good run round.

If you don't get lag in single player it is probably the server.......how many players online at the time?

If you still get lag then you will need to tweak some settings.

What resolution are you using.

Another thing to do is,when running the game and lag is occuring CNTRL/ALT/Delete out of the game,rt click the Taskbar and bring up Task Manager.

Have a look how much memory BF2.exe is using from the Processes tab, and check the total memory usage under the Performance tab.

If you are running high resolution high IQ setting BF2 is a known memory hog.......and if you have a lot of other background processe open your 1.5GB RAM might be being stretched.

gudgulf 23:35 04 Jul 2006

click here

click here
Graphics optimisations for games explained.Well sort of.

User-312386 23:49 04 Jul 2006

you say "everything is on high", however, is that in the game or in the ATI control panel?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone