Battlefield 2

Larry Lamb 10:30 14 Nov 2006

I bought my Grandson Battlefield 11 for his birthday yesterday, he rang me last night to say it would not install onto his computer a Compaq that we bought him during the summer, all the game spec were met, other DVD games have loaded up OK in the past. He tells me that it states on the DVD case that because of some protection code written into the software there might be problems with some DVD players, great! Has anyone had this problem and if so did anyone have a solution? Thanks for you help.

billypilgrim 11:37 14 Nov 2006

Well, I've never heard of this problem in relation to BF2 before (can think of a lot of problems with the game, but not this one), going to need more information to understand whats happening. What exactly happens when he tries to install, how far in the process does he get? Is he getting an error message, crash to desktop, what?
Post the system specs if you can, BF2 is very demanding, but that should only affect gameplay, not the actual installation.

ACOLYTE 13:09 14 Nov 2006

One thought, does your grandson have any Virtual cd drives loaded or software that could be used to copy cd/dvd's,i dont know if that is the case i have BF2 and never had this problem with that game but i did with COD and after scanning the activison help pages i found that having a virtual drive installed can effect some software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?