Battlefield 1942 CD's Cracking...

davebloke 09:29 02 Jul 2003

Hi people...
Recently both my battlefield 1942 (EA games) CD's formed cracks from the center out, making them both un-playable (there needed to load the game)

A friend has told me that he has heard of this problem before with 1942 CD's Had anyone here had the same problem?

I wrote to EA and they said there "user-damaged" and want to charge £15 + postage to replace them :(

Jester2K II 09:33 02 Jul 2003

Happens with all sorted of CD. Use it any longer and it may well shatter / explode / burst in your CD drive.

I would press EA to prove they are "user damaged" (esp if they haven't inspected the CD) as i thought it only cost £3 to replace a genuine CD with EA.

davebloke 09:43 02 Jul 2003

well i cant use them so there will be no exploding in my drive! :)

EA said:
"Electronic Arts will replace user-damaged media, current stocks allowing. The original media needs to be returned with a cheque, Eurocheque or postal order for £7.50 per CD (for PC titles) or £10.00 per CD (for console titles), made payable to Electronic Arts Ltd. Therefore if you would like both disks replaced then please send in a cheque for £15."

Just looking for people in the same boat to see what they did

Jester2K II 09:51 02 Jul 2003

Strewth - £15 is a bit strong - esp if are returning the original!!

Exploding CDs

click here

click here

click here

davebloke 10:09 02 Jul 2003

hehehehhe mine is 48x but not had any problems with any of my other game CD's :S

are the CD's?

snoresloudly 11:43 02 Jul 2003

had the very same problem a while back with the red alert yuri disc, the cd cracked from the middle, spoke to ea and got the same answer, was a bit miffed that had to in effect pay twice for the same game. Now i make copies of all my cds for backup purposes so that if this happens again at least i will not have to pay again

davebloke 11:47 02 Jul 2003

there not too old.. not as old as some of my still working CD's

you can make copies? does a copied CD work? thought there was soem sort of protection on them?

If thats the case then i could get a copy of the game, i have paid for the serial number! :D

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:47 02 Jul 2003

Would the shop you got them from replace them ? if they not that old that is.

Regards

snoresloudly 12:58 02 Jul 2003

yeh the copied ones do work although you need to use clone cd, I am not for one minute though condoning your comment of "If thats the case then i could get a copy of the game, i have paid for the serial number! :D" the copies that i have are from my own. It would of course be not right to get a copy from your mate!!!!!

davebloke 13:13 02 Jul 2003

sure thing. but the cost of the game is for the serial/licence not the physical media.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?