Battlefield 1942

User-7A745D18-AA77-4264-9D17E76CC8A1664E 23:55 21 Mar 2003

I purchased a copy of this game last year but returned it due to the well documented problems.

Since then, I have upgraded my PC to an AMD XP 2000+, 512MB RAM and Sapphire Radeon 9700 graphics card but I understand that even with these specs, the game can still take ages to load and put a strain on system resources.

I believe that there is a patch available (1.31) which is supposed to overcome performance problems but I would welcome any input from those who have the game with the latest patch installed.

bigdamouk 07:11 22 Mar 2003

Since the closure of the gamesroom a few months back there are not may gamers left on this site.

Most of the Ex-Gamesroom squad are over at this forum click here if you click on 'The Games Zone' section you will see a whole array of questions and answers regarding Battlefield 1942

Regards
Damo

AMD 4 ever 07:39 22 Mar 2003

I'm still here...lol
I had probs with this game on a friends macine.
It didn't help with the fact he hd onboard VGA, but the game dos have some serious faults, as do a lot of PC games. Look for a update/patch on their website. I did this and installed the latest patch and it did improve things but not as good as MOH!!

Thanks for the link, bigdamouk. Had a quick look and it seems that the patch improves things but not to a huge degree.

Should I decide to buy BF42, I will purchase it from Game then at least I can return it should I encounter any problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone