Battery not charging?!

brightheart 23:23 14 May 2010

Hi,

I was wondering if some tech genius on here could help me, or in the very least point me in the right direction.

I bought a new laptop in late November 2009 from a PC World store, so I've only had it 6 months or so.

Over the last week or so, I noticed that it wasn't charging properly, I'd plug it in and the battery icon wouldn't move and it would say 'Plugged in, Not charging'!

I've checked to make sure it's all plugged in properly, and it is.

I contacted the store from where I bought it, and was assured some one would get back to me, no one did, so I rang again, and was put on hold, then the phone went dead, I rang back and no one answered.

I have tried contacting them through the 'contact us' button on the PC World website but to no avail.

At the moment, it's still allowing me to use my laptop despite the fact the battery is dead, but I doubt that will last very long.

So could someone, anyone, please tell me who I should contact, preferably an email address for them.

Thanks.

northumbria61 23:44 14 May 2010

This is what you need -

click here

brightheart 01:30 15 May 2010

That's great thanks 'Northumbria61' ! Any chance you could find an email contact for them?

STREETWORK 07:18 15 May 2010

My son's Dell laptop had this problem and it needed a new motherboard, charger and power supply under warrentee. its also worth checking that the socket where you plug the mains supply into has not worked loose, if so its needing replacing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

5 best 3D model websites

iPhone 8 vs iPhone X

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache