Battery icon on my laptop?

Daibus 18:09 15 Sep 2006

From the task bar on my laptop how do you change via battery icon right click, information to show the time left instead of the percentage left?

Cheers.

Strawballs 18:11 15 Sep 2006

I have HP laptop which shows % and have not seen anything in handbook will watch this one with interest.

mammak 18:29 15 Sep 2006

Dont know how to change it from the task bar I always have to go to control panel - power options but will watch with interest it would be nice to know this.

Dell Latitude 18:41 15 Sep 2006

Hi, some laptops cannot calculate the amount of time the battery has left, as it only shows a percentage it means that your laptop battery does not have a cpu built in to calculate the amount of time left. If it did it would be set by default to show how much time and % left.

Belatucadrus 19:23 15 Sep 2006

Don't forget that time left will be dependant on system load, so is likely to vary from minute to minute. Percentage simply shows how much charge is left, so is a measurement rather than a calculation dependant on flexible parameters.

Daibus 19:41 15 Sep 2006

Thanks for all your replies but I presume that it is not possible to alter the display on this HP DV2031 laptop to show the time instead of the percentage?

woodchip 19:46 15 Sep 2006

Funny My Medion Lappy shows both when I have the Battery in. XP Home. If I hover my mouse over the icon

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?