Battery charging problem.

mjanjua 23:41 26 May 2007

I got a strange problem may be that is why I couldn't find its solution anywhere. Here is the problem.

When I plug my charger to my laptop's charging hole it does not start charging straightaway unless i push it in or force my laptop towards the wall so that there is a push towards the end of the charger going into the laptop. If the push is sufficient then I can see that my laptop is being charged but thats not true because when it shows that the battery has been charged by indicating green light and is on AC Power if i unplug the charger after like 10 mins the battery runs out and my laptop hibernates that means though it is showing me that it is charging the battery its not actually charging it. Also to use the laptop on AC Power i have to keep the same force/push otherwise it shuts down. Another interesting thing is if i keep my laptop on my lap instead of on the floor or any surface or table i dont have to give that push or force but the problem still arises that it doesnt charge my battery though indicates but still i have to give a little push to it even on the lap so that it sticks into the charging hole
Can anyone plz tell me what is really wrong? Is it a problem with that charging hole or the battery? The charger is fine as i have tried it with other laptops n i dont have to give any push. Thanks everyone

rdave13 23:53 26 May 2007

Looks to me that there is a fault with the laptops charging socket. If you have the laptop on your knees and the power charger is on the floor then the downward force from the cable gives a better connection. If the battery charges when you push the connector in or have some kind of force on the jack then it will be wear on the input socket.

wee eddie 14:49 27 May 2007

The socket on a Laptop occasionally is connected directly to the Mother Board, any damage could prove critical

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?