Batch sending emails

edenworkshops 11:53 09 Apr 2010

Hello

I do have the number of the relevant orange helpline, but all I am getting is automated responses, so I thought I would ask the question here.

I need to know the maximum number of emails I can send through outlook express at one time.

And also the period of time between each batch sending.

All this so as not to fall foul of spamming regulations.

Thank you

Richard

Rahere 12:02 09 Apr 2010

I visited the orange website and found this in their Orange Online Help Pages

As a responsible provider we operate proactive mail management systems to protect both our own and other Internet users. This includes setting limits on the number of recipients per email. These restrictions may alter from time to time depending upon current user sending patterns. It's recommended that you don't use the service to send high volumes of email in one day. You should also avoid sending individual mails to bulk mailing lists. If you stick within a maximum limit of 20 or less recipients per mail, you should have no problems

edenworkshops 14:05 09 Apr 2010

Thank you for that information.

If orange keep moving the goalposts regarding how many mails can be sent, it is going to be easy to fall foul of them.

I mean how do other people, who have an opted in mailing list. typically a newsletter of some kind, how do they manage?

Thank you

Richard

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017