Barcode scanning

User-AD3653D0-1723-462E-B832A2AB8950B2A6 09:26 11 Jul 2004

I've just got hold of some s/ware for cataloguing the very extensive collection of book that I have.

The software allows for the ISBN barcodes to be scanned from the book covers and it then rushes off to amazon sites, the Library of Congress and other places to get the full details of the book.

I've already tried it by typing in five ISBN codes and frankly I'm stunned. The s/ware only cost Euros49!

Anyway, what I need to know is what type of 'pen' I need to get to scan the barcodes.

I'm running a 3.02GHz P4, WinXP Home, and assortment of toys.

Diodorus Siculus 09:32 11 Jul 2004

Can't help re the barcode scanner but would be interested in knowing the program. Is it a library management catalogue system? I have one but I have to manually enter every book - anything like you have mentioned that I looked at cost somewhere in the thousands.

click here

Need I add that I don't want to be spending a fortune on a scanning device.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:02 11 Jul 2004

click here £89 and this is BY FAR the cheapest that I could find...do you know anyone that works in a supermarket?? ;-))

G

Now that you mention it, my son works part-time at Sainsbury to fund his A-Level studies (and his car!!)

I'm not sure they'd like him to nick a scanner. Anyway, where wold I get the software to work it?

Many thanks for the link. I'll have a look at it. That being said, when someone puts 'impliment' (a noun) instead of 'implement' (a verb) I begin to have doubts about how accurate other parts of the website may be ....

Diodorus Siculus 11:36 11 Jul 2004

Thanks for the link; I'll give it a go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?