Banner GIF Not Appearing.....

Jester2K 14:22 04 Feb 2004

Any reason why the banner on my page is missing? click here

If you right click the white space at the top of the page you can see the image should be there and Save Picture As.. results in the image being downloaded ok. All fine in FrontPage 2002...

Doesn't appear in IE6 or Avant Browser....

Any ideas...

Jester2K 14:41 04 Feb 2004

Noticed it was happening with other pages too.... Then noticed Avant has a new Ad Blocker which blocks any graphcis with the word Banner in them. Renamed the banner and it works ok...

Sir Radfordin 17:13 04 Feb 2004

ZoneAlarm does the same thing!

Templar1961 22:09 11 Feb 2004

I had a similar experience with NIS 2003 Ad blocker - it blocked an animated gif on my website, a banner made with the banner wizard in Animation Shop (part of Paintshop Pro). However it didn't block another animation supplied from the same program?

Incidentally both animations are similarly named: Animation4.gif, Animation1.gif

Any thoughts?

Talented Monkey 23:19 11 Feb 2004

Ad blocking works in a few ways, one way is monitoring filename, most block a huge number of words and abreviations, so dont call anything like ad, advert or banner.

ANother way it detects is by image size in pixels. alot of banners fall into ceratin sizes, if your animated gif falls into this size it willalso be blocked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?