Bandwith Speed

Sue100 23:08 19 Jan 2006

I should be on Tiscali 2mb but cannot seem to get a bandwith speed of more than 527kbs. I have been in touch with Tiscali technical team for hours. They have talked me through various tests but to no avail. It's been passed to another dept for investigation but I am somehow not holding my breath. Has anyone any ideas?

Skyver 23:16 19 Jan 2006

Have you done any speed tests of your own? Members of this forum have had problems with Tiscali BB themselves (if Stuartli sees this I'm sure he'll post you a pertinent link or two) but in the mean time try
click here

Stuartli 00:47 20 Jan 2006

Or:

click here

The saddest thing about Tiscali is that basically it offers excellent services but some of its staff don't appear to be up to the task....:-)

If you can't get any further on, try e-mailing [email protected] who is a most helpful and willing Tiscali staff member of the Broadband support section.

If you go to Tiscali's Broadband Support forum you'll find out how many people he has helped...:-)

Stuartli 00:59 20 Jan 2006

Tiscali's engineers informed me, very straight faced, that I couldn't get a 2MB service where I live following its "service enhancements" at the end of October when it suddenly varied between 140kbps and, occasionally, 1MB.

Apart from the fact that I only live 580 yards from the telephone exchange, Tiscali had previously provided me with a broadband service of up to 2.4MB for six months, even for a substantial part of the time I was only supposed to get a 1MB service, before informing me of this sad news.

I've told those same engineers that they couldn't run a party in a brewery....:-)

Azug 02:20 20 Jan 2006

The length of your telephone line from the exchange to your home can have an effect on your speed, as can the type of wire that's used on the line, if it's copper or fibre. Have you checked to see if you can deffinately receive the full 2mb/ps connection? you can do this on any broadband website just by typing your number in an availability checker. Best one to use would be bt's as they own the ifrastructure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone