Bandwidth meter readings

chochi 14:07 19 Jul 2007

I have just downloaded Tautology bandwidth meter and have a query about the readings I get. It is listing 2 as follows; MS TCP Loopback Interface 35.20MB and WAN[PPP/SLIP] Interface 22.50MB on the In/Out Meter. Is this correct, should there be 2 readings? I am on BT Broadband using a BT 105 Router.

VoG II 15:02 19 Jul 2007

MS TCP Loopback Interface is a loopback to 127.0.0.1 (your PC).

WAN[PPP/SLIP] Interface is your modem/router - i.e. this is the one that is monitoring your internet usage.

chochi 15:16 25 Jul 2007

Thank you for your reply and my apologies for not getting back sooner. What exactly does loopback mean?

VoG II 15:20 25 Jul 2007

This might help click here

woodchip 15:29 25 Jul 2007

Round trip for a ping on mine 128 seconds no loss

woodchip 15:31 25 Jul 2007

If you want to get a good BB test. pings are not going to do much. Try this click here

chochi 15:59 25 Jul 2007

VoG™
Thanks for that, it was an interesting article. I wonder how you all know which sites are available for any given query. Keep up the good work.I ran the Ping test and it showed time<1ms TTL=128. I imagine thats allright.
woodchip
I downloaded the BB Speedtest but when I tried to run it, it asks me to insert Smart Sound Quick Track Plugin Disc. Don't have one - how do I get round this?

woodchip 16:05 25 Jul 2007

Never had that, Did you download the Free version? go back and check as there may be two versions. Check this out it looks like the Problem. Plus it may correct errors you are trying to resolve click here

chochi 16:38 25 Jul 2007

woodchip
There was only one version to download and its free to use,you need to register to use some of the additional features, one being printing out the results. I checked on the link at click here that you suggested and it looked like I had not completed a download of the Smart Sound Quick Track Plugin ( probably from Ulead Video Studio 9 )I downloaded and installed the Quick Tracks updater and all is working well. As you have said I may find that some other problems are now sorted. Again thanks for all your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?