Bad_Pool_Header

griffo 15:04 18 Nov 2011

I had problems updating my ATI Radeon driver and tried a System Restore hoping to go back to the previously OK settings. Upon rebooting I get a blue screen saying 'Badpoolheader' and STOP: 0x00000019 (0x00000020, 0XE2333000, 0XE2333210, 0X0C420600)

I can boot into Safe Mode but don't know how to try fixing this problem.

Can anyone advise please?

birdface 15:12 18 Nov 2011

System restore to when it was working ok.But I would wait to see if you get further advice.

If W/7 a system repair or last good configuration might also help.

birdface 15:16 18 Nov 2011

Googled something to look at until someone can help.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=BadPoolHeader&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

griffo 15:20 18 Nov 2011

buteman

Thanks for the response. I did a system restore to when it was last working but it was when that process did a reboot that the problem arose.

Looking at the desktop now in Safe Mode, it looks as though the restore happened, as the new driver I downloaded (from the manufacturers site) and saved to the desktop - has now gone.

I suspect it's a graphic card driver conflict that's causing this (?) but I cannot remove the driver in safe mode.

birdface 15:41 18 Nov 2011

Not clued up on this so best waiting for someone that knows what they are doing.

Have you tried Windows Updates in safe mode mind you not that sure if it works in safe mode or not.

Nothing showing in device manager that needs fixed.

griffo 17:03 18 Nov 2011

I have made some progress, thanks to your Google link. I ran Scandisk and it fixed enought o get the PC booting OK.

As the problems started after updating the ATI Radeon drivers, I'm sure they are the problem

The latest issue is that I cannot uninstall the ATI Catalyst Control Centre in Add & Remove Software. I want to remove it all and re-install the original drivers from the CD.

Any ideas please?

birdface 17:51 18 Nov 2011

ATI removal tool on this but not sure it is what you are looking for .

You have to scroll down till you get it.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows7-windowsinstall/uninstalling-ati-catalyst-manager-and-ati-catalyst/a9ac3de2-3011-42a5-b12d-90e91467cba8

birdface 17:53 18 Nov 2011

Ok that never came out right just copy and paste the whole of the address into the address bar and it should show,

griffo 18:02 18 Nov 2011

Thanks for that. I have managed to remove the software and used Driver Sweeper to clean out the remnants.

I now need to re-install the software from the original CD. Not sure whether to simply run the setup from the CD or use the Windows 'Found new Hardware' wizard.

Any thoughts on that please?

rdave13 18:10 18 Nov 2011

Try going to device manager- Display adapters, double click your card, drivers tab and roll back the driver.

rdave13 18:13 18 Nov 2011

griffo, ignore last post as replying to previous post. I'd cancel the Wizard and install from the supplied CD. If OK then I'd not try updating the drivers again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?